Day Trip to Margate. 10 June 2022. 10:00 – 17:00
Friday, 10 June 2022, 10:00-17:00.
Day Trip: Margate.
Join us in Margate and explore the burgeoning artistic scene of this original 18th century English seaside resort.
The favourite painting location of JMW Turner, who famously praised its skies, present day Margate is home to many contemporary artists (Tracey Emin including) and galleries.
Rapidly developing art scene is complemented by excellent restaurants, contemporary architecture and quirky charm of the Victorian era’s streets.
The day will include:
- Tour around exhibitions at Turner Contemporary. The museum was designed by the world famous David Chipperfield in 2011.
- Tour of Tracey Emin‘s solo exhibition at Carl Freedman gallery
- Visit two more galleries
- Studio visit with Sophie Hellerman (b. 1975 Germany) who was part of the ‘Painting Now’ exhibition at Hayward Gallery recently.
- Lunch: fresh seafood and contemporary British cuisine at one of the seaside restaurants.
- Travel from/to St. Pancras station: 10:12 outbound train, 17:06 return to London. Train journey 1hr 30 mins.
Terms and conditions:
Price includes VAT, lunch, entry tickets, taxis, train tickets (1 st class where possible).
No refunds unless tours are cancelled by us. Credit notes due to illness only (cost of train tickets excluding); to be used during the same term.
Group numbers are still small – strictly 7 people per tour, 10 people per day trip. We like to give our clients a lot of attention.
COVID regulations – please make sure when attending our tours that you are up to date with all current requirements and the Government’s guidance. Some of the bigger events such as art fairs and museums, may require visitors to present their COVID status (I.e. negative antigen test/PCR test or vaccination certificate). Please note that we will not be held responsible if you are denied access by the organisers.
Out of stock